Company: Brothers Group Construction Company
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Industries: Construction – Commercial/Office
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Years of Experience: 7+to 10 Years
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree
About the Job
CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGER JOB SUMMARY:
This Project Management position involves overseeing the day-to-day operations of commercial construction in Florida. The PM will be stationed in our Jacksonville, office and coordinate subcontractors, vendors, and personnel ensuring that projects are completed safely, on-time, within budget and according to company quality standards.
Salary will be commensurate with work experience and ability.
- Manage the buyout process. Knowledge of subcontractor and vendor current market pricing. Understand plans, able to take-off, quantify different work scopes, and create clear bid packages.
- Value engineer trade and vendor work scopes prior to and during buyout process.
- Analyze and compare bids, ensuring that buyout optimizes price value and schedule.
- Author subcontractor and vendor work scopes, integrating schedules, identifying trade specific safety concerns and suggesting mitigations within subcontractor and vendor contract documents.
- Create a baseline project schedule, including sequence of buyout. Manage, update and re-format schedule as job progresses.
- Contract Administration – Ability to process subcontractor and vendor pay applications, evaluate, negotiate and process change orders in a timely manner.
- Analyze and maintain control budgets, perform inspection walks with bank inspectors, oversee approval of work in place, documentation of stored materials and monitor punch/warranty work.
- Conduct construction meetings, prepare and distribute meeting minutes, identify, solve and report problem issues to senior staff.
- Manage document control in a systematic and traceable manner (RFIs, submittals, plan updates, punch list and close-out).
- Comprehensive knowledge of commercial construction, materials and techniques.
- Knowledge of common and general code requirements, ADA requirements, MEP systems and components, permitting processes and requirement.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Ability to manage multiple projects at different stages of construction
- Comprehensive knowledge of cost control, budgeting, cost reporting and forecasting.
- Understanding of legal subcontracts, subcontractor and vendor insurance requirements, and related construction draw forms
- Proficient with Excel, Microsoft Project, as well as estimation and take-off software
- Familiarity with OSHA and MSDS documentation
- Ability to manage the pre-construction and value engineering process
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Minimum of 7 years managing construction projects
- Experience in Commercial Construction, Retail Banks, Offices, Ground Ups, etc
- Bachelor Degree or educated either in construction management, construction/building science, engineering, business management, architecture and design
A competitive salary package will be negotiable that will include a comprehensive bonuses structure, top employment benefits and a long term future working for reputable leader.
To apply please send your resume to: BG_HR@BrothersGroupCo.com
Brothers Group Construction Company is an Affirmative Action / Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Florida and Texas