Brothers Group Construction Company
Jacksonville, FL 32257
Construction – Commercial/Office & Residential
Years of Experience
7+ to 10 Years
Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
50,000.00 – 60,000.00 $ /year
Senior Construction Accountant
About the Job
Senior Construction Accountant needed with experience at the General Contractor level. Reporting to the Corporate Controller; manage a team including AP/AR, Payroll, Payroll Compliance, Contracts and Subcontracts. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for managing the accounting department and prepare weekly/monthly financial reports to the Corporate Controller.
Recent employment in the construction industry is required. Experience with percent complete revenue recognition and Quick Books & Sage 300 CRE (Timberline) software is desirable.
Duties of the position include but are not limited to:
- Tracking items against project budget for billing to owner and payment to subs/vendors.
- Creating and importing spreadsheets, budgets and reports among the various software applications (Excel, Word, Timberline).
- Communicating regularly with the Controller on status of projects, costs, changes, etc.
- Working with office staff to coordinate copying, signing, notarizing and distributing of invoice and pay application coding.
Work with Project Managers to gather percent complete on budgeted items and prepare monthly construction draws.
- Assist AP staff with correct coding of invoices.
- Review/approve cash requirements for weekly check runs.
- Reconcile job cost to GL and other month and year-end standard practices.
- Bank Reconciliations
- Revenue Recognition review and reconciliation.
- Preparing balance sheet reconciliations throughout the year and for year-end review.
- Prepare WIP schedule and other supporting documents
- Prepare monthly internal financial statements for management review
- BS/BA in Accounting required.
- 5 to 8 years of experience with a minimum of 2 years with team lead responsibility.
- Advanced Spreadsheets.
- Must have strong organization and communication skills and the ability to multi-task in an environment with shifting priorities.
To apply please send your resume to: BG_HR@BrothersGroupCo.com
Brothers Group Construction Company is an Affirmative Action / Equal Employment Opportunity employer.